Get Smart With Money


Consumer Affairs

Who to call when the going gets tough …Black old-fashioned telephone

Consumer affairs

Start by Googling your State or Territory Government’s consumer affairs website.

Financial services


The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) is an independent Commonwealth Government body that regulates the corporate markets and financial services sectors. ASIC’s website MoneySmart has a really useful complaints section which outlines where to go with any financial consumer issue you might have.

Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombudsman Service provides accessible, fair and independent dispute resolution services as an alternative to taking your dispute to court. The service is free to consumers.


Australian Competition and Consumer Commission

Check out the ACCC’s website and learn about your consumer rights.


Private Health Insurance Ombudsman

The Private Health Insurance Ombudsman provides an independent service to help consumers with health insurance problems and enquiries.Babushka dolls with attitude


Superannuation Complaints Tribunal

The Superannuation Complaints Tribunal is an independent tribunal set up by the Commonwealth Government to deal with complaints about superannuation funds, annuities and deferred annuities and Retirement Savings Accounts.


>> Next in Learning More Books and Magazines

<< Previously in Learning More – Professional Advice

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.



Leave a Reply

, read our privacy policy